Travel Coverage | Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama - Medicare
If you’re one of the millions of Americans going abroad this year, you can enjoy the same security you have at home with GeoBlue, our inexpensive, international health plan that follows you wherever you go, for as long as you’re gone.
When you leave the United States, GeoBlue provides access to:
- an elite network of "best in class" English-speaking doctors in 180 countries
- comprehensive coverage that includes hospitalization, doctors visits, and prescriptions
- online tools, a free app and 24/7/365 concierge support to help schedule appointments, manage care and fill prescriptions
- cashless, paperless service: GeoBlue direct bills for care
- emergency medical evacuation for urgent, unexpected care
- health and security profiles of your destination and much more
- covers the expense of transporting remains home if the covered individual(s) passes away abroad
GeoBlue offers customizable plans perfect for:
- Business and leisurely travelers
GeoBlue health plans are offered in cooperation with many Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® companies, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. You do not have to be currently enrolled in an Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama medical plan to purchase most GeoBlue plans.