Blue Advantage (PPO) Overview | Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama - Medicare
Blue Advantage - Overview
Blue Advantage is a Medicare-approved Medicare Advantage plan. Also known as Medicare Part C, Medicare Advantage plans like Blue Advantage provide members with their Medicare Part A and Part B coverage plus extra benefits, and generally feature lower copayments than Original Medicare does.
Unlike Original Medicare, with a Blue Advantage plan, medical, hospital and prescription drug coverage is included. Instead of relying on Medicare Parts A and B to cover hospital and medical expenses, and a separate Part D plan for prescription drugs, everything is conveniently covered by one simple and effective plan. With affordable monthly premiums, Blue Advantage gives you the peace of mind, convenience, and value that comes from knowing that you're covered by one comprehensive plan.
We understand that different people have different needs. That's why we offer you a choice. Blue Advantage Complete provides $0 monthly premiums, while Blue Advantage Premier offers richer benefits.
Blue Advantage provides:
- Savings on out-of-pocket costs for important hospital and medical benefits, such as inpatient hospital care and doctor office visits.
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug coverage.
- With 11,000 doctors and 98% of Alabama hospitals in the Blue Advantage network, you'll have access to the care you need — close to home.
- Valuable health and wellness extra benefits including:
Eligibility Requirements and Pricing
You can enroll in Blue Advantage if you are both:
- An Alabama resident; and
- Entitled to Medicare Part A and enrolled in Medicare Part B.
Note: Persons with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) may not be able to enroll due to federal guidelines.
As a resident of Alabama, your monthly premium depends on the county you live in.
* SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is provided by Tivity Health Inc.™ ©2018, an independent company with subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. All rights reserved.
** Air medical transport services are provided through a contract with AirMed International, LLC. AirMed International, LLC is an independent company that does not provide Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama products. Blue Cross is not responsible for any mistakes, errors or omissions that AirMed, its employees or staff members make. Air medical services terminate if coverage by your health plan ends.
*** TruHearing is an independent company offering exclusive hearing aid savings for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama members. For Routine Hearing Exams and Hearing Aids services, you must see a TruHearing provider to use these benefits. Please call 1-855-541-6179 to locate a TruHearing provider and to schedule an appointment.