BlueRx Enrollment | Prescription Drug Plan (Part D)| Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama - medicare
BlueRx - How to Enroll
If you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO, or POS Plan, or a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan, and then enroll in an independent Medicare-approved prescription drug plan, you will be disenrolled from your Medicare Advantage Plan. You may only be enrolled in one Medicare prescription drug plan at a time.
If you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage (MA) Plan, you may not enroll in any Medicare-approved prescription drug plan unless you have one of the following:
- A Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) MA Plan that does not provide Medicare prescription drug coverage
- A Medical Savings Account (MA)
- An 1876 Cost Plan
Enrolling in BlueRx is easy!
Simply select one of the enrollment options below to get started. You may also view an enrollment packet or request an enrollment kit. (If you are a Tennessee resident, please visit UTIC Insurance Company)
Option 1: Internet
Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in BlueRx through the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services Enrollment Center, located at medicare.gov.
Option 2: Phone
Call one of our representatives to enroll by phone or to request an enrollment kit at 1-888-543-9212 (TTY 711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week. From April 1 to September 30, on weekends and holidays, you may be required to leave a message. Calls will be returned the next business day.
Option 3: Mail
You may print an application. Review the plan options carefully and choose the plan that best meets your needs. Once you complete the form, review it for accuracy, sign and date the form and enclose the first month's premium.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
Attention: Payment Processing
P.O. Box 2768
Birmingham, AL 35202-2768
Fax Number: 1-888-246-0230
Option 4: Meeting
Attend a meeting with your local Blue Cross representative.
Select one of the following options for payments.
Note: Generally, your payment option will remain the same for the rest of the year.
- Get monthly statement - You will receive a billing statement each month for your plan premium.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – Complete the Electronic Funds Transfer area of your paper enrollment application and enclose a voided check with your application. If we have your email address on file, you will receive a courtesy reminder when your premium is due. You will not receive a paper bill.
- Social Security Administration Check or Railroad Retirement Board Check - Automatic deduction from your monthly Social Security/Railroad Retirement Board benefit check. (The Social Security/Railroad Retirement Board deduction may take two or more months to begin. In most cases, if Social Security/the Railroad Retirement Board accepts your request for automatic deduction, the first deduction from your Social Security/Railroad Retirement Board benefit check will include all premiums due from your enrollment effective date up to the point withholding begins. If Social Security/the Railroad Retirement Board does not approve your request for automatic deduction, we will send you a paper bill for your monthly premiums.)