Blue Advantage (PPO) is a Medicare-approved PPO plan. Also known as Medicare Part C, Medicare Advantage plans offer extra benefits and lower copayments than Original Medicare.
Blue Advantage (PPO) conveniently provides both medical and prescription drug benefits, making it a smart choice for people who want affordable, comprehensive coverage in one simple, effective plan.
We understand that different people have different needs. That's why we offer you a choice.Blue Advantage Complete (PPO) provides affordable monthly premiums, while Blue Advantage Premier (PPO) offers richer benefits.
Blue Advantage (PPO) provides:
- Savings on out-of-pocket costs for important hospital and medical benefits, such as inpatient hospital care and doctor office visits.
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug coverage.
- With 7,500 doctors and 98% of Alabama hospitals in the Blue Advantage (PPO) network, you'll have access to the care you need — close to home.
- SilverSneakers®* Fitness program is a fun, innovative health, exercise and wellness program that can help you to get fit. You'll get many benefits including a basic fitness membership to any participating SilverSneakers location.
Save time and money at Preferred Extended Supply (PXT) pharmacies and with our Mail Order Service.
For medications you take on a routine basis, you'll want to consider using either a network Preferred Extended Supply (PXT) pharmacy or our Mail Order Service, which allows you to receive a 90-day supply of your prescription drugs all at once. Once your order is placed, medications can be picked up or delivered directly to your door. With either option, you'll receive a 90-day supply for two times the copay amount, instead of three ... saving you money.
Eligibility requirements and pricing.
You can enroll in a Blue Advantage (PPO) if you are both:
- An Alabama resident; and
- Entitled to Medicare Part A and enrolled in Medicare Part B.
Note: Persons with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) may not be able to enroll due to federal guidelines.
As a resident of Alabama, your monthly premium depends on the county you live in.
* The SilverSneakers Fitness Program is provided by Healthways, Inc., an independent company. SilverSneakers is a registered mark of Healthways, Inc.