Blue Advantage is a Medicare-approved Medicare Advantage plan. Also known as Medicare Part C, Medicare Advantage plans like Blue Advantage provide members with their Medicare Part A and Part B coverage plus extra benefits, and generally feature lower copayments than Original Medicare does.
Unlike Original Medicare, with a Blue Advantage plan, all of your coverage — medical, hospital, prescription drug — is included. Instead of relying on Medicare Parts A and B to cover hospital and medical expenses, and a separate Part D plan for prescription drugs, everything is conveniently covered by one simple and effective plan. With Blue Advantage you'll get more protection, more savings, more freedom, and more security.
We understand that different people have different needs. That's why we offer you a choice. Blue Advantage Complete provides affordable monthly premiums, while Blue Advantage Premier offers richer benefits.
Blue Advantage provides:
- Savings on out-of-pocket costs for important hospital and medical benefits, such as inpatient hospital care and doctor office visits.
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug coverage.
- With 11,000 doctors and 98% of Alabama hospitals in the Blue Advantage network, you'll have access to the care you need — close to home.
Valuable health and wellness extra benefits including:
- A FREE SilverSneakers® fitness membership*
- AirMed transportation service**
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Beltone hearing aid discounts†
Eligibility Requirements and Pricing
You can enroll in Blue Advantage if you are both:
- An Alabama resident; and
- Entitled to Medicare Part A and enrolled in Medicare Part B.
Note: Persons with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) may not be able to enroll due to federal guidelines.
As a resident of Alabama, your monthly premium depends on the county you live in.
* The SilverSneakers Fitness Program is provided by Healthways, Inc., an independent company. SilverSneakers is a registered mark of Healthways, Inc.
** Air medical transport services are provided through a contract with AirMed International, LLC. AirMed International, LLC is an independent company that does not provide Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama products. Blue Cross is not responsible for any mistakes, errors or omissions that AirMed, its employees or staff members make. Air medical services terminate if coverage by your health plan ends.
† BeltoneTM is an independent company that does not provide Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield products or services and is solely responsible for the services provided. Under a program made available through participating Blue companies, Beltone offers access to savings on items that members may purchase directly from Beltone. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association may receive payments from this vendor. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama nor the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific vendor or item.